Monday, November 8, 2010

Buddies




Our Pug, Attila, is notoriously anti-social. He is sweet, in his own way. But, mostly, we are the only ones who adore him. He is odd. He is hyper. He doesn't mind. He is a food fiend. He won't cuddle and rarely does he allow you to touch him. Very strange duck, he is. So, then comes Greer. Attila loves him. Could be because a rare morsel will fall from the high chair. Mind you I mean rare morsel as our little guy doesn't let food go missing often. Whatever the reason, Attila has mellowed. He allows Greer to put his hands in his dish while he is eating. They share toys. And, Attila follows him everywhere. At night when I poke my head in to cover Greer up before I hit the hay, Attila is at my feet checking him too. It really didn't register that the two were always together until recently when I was looking through some pictures I had taken of Greer. There he was. Attila the Killa. Mellow as a mouse. Contently sitting beside his new buddy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow. I can see that it has been a while... I have been so frantic at work! Your little one is so gorgeous!! And this is an amazing story. Children sometimes really do bring out the best in animals.

    ReplyDelete