Monday, November 22, 2010

Can you say lice?


Oh ya. You heard it...lice. Creepy, crawly, scalp itching little parasites. Seems sorta funny now. We were prepared for lice. I bought a box of RID even before we left for Ethiopia. Didn't take it with us. Thought I would treat when we returned. It was on my mind. But, I did several, what I thought of as thorough, head checks on the little guy. His hair is sparse, except for a dense curly little patch at the back of his head. I never saw anything even remotely suspicious. Then suddenly, four weeks later, I was combing through the Empress' hair and I saw a little bug. I flicked it out, quickly looked through her hair, and let it go. But, in the back of my mind, I wondered if she could have lice. That evening I did a more extensive search and found two more bugs crawling around on her head. They weren't anything like what I thought they would look like, but I decided to treat her for lice just in case. I assumed that she had gotten it in Kindergarten. We informed the school and I combed out her hair each day. That was Monday. On Friday I decided to use the little lice comb to comb out the baby's hair. I sat him on the counter and suddenly there were lots of little black bugs. Ugghhh.

Long story short, I treated him and watched dozens of dead little black bugs swirl down the drain. T and I treated. I washed, scoured, scrubbed, and sprayed. We have all treated twice. At last check we are all clean. I never saw a bug come out of my hair, nor did T, but we both suddenly developed what I call psychological itching. Well, at any rate, I think those little buggers are gone. Please let them be gone. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment