Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Turning the Corner




Finally, little man has turned the corner. Last Thursday he awoke like every other day, with a scream. He was genuinely upset all Thursday morning. More crying and screaming than usual. So, at my wits end, I called the Pediatrian and begged for and appointment. At 3:30 we went to see the doctor. I was assuming his ear infection had returned and he was once again in pain. Nope, turns out he was in perfect health. So, we went home and I lost it. I cried and cried. What the heck man??? Why was this kid so upset ALL the time?? Of course I fully understand the adjustment he is going through. But he is the current center of the universe and whatever, whenever has been our motto. We have, for the most part, stayed home during this transition. I have established a daily routine for him that we have followed since day one. So why was this happening. It had been three weeks. Then, miracle of miracles, he turned that corner. On Thursday night the smiles came out and haven't left. He has been a joy. He has become such a fun baby. He is funny and charming. He giggles all the time. He is now happy. Happy I say, happy. Thank you Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Awe, Praise God, Julie that is so great to hear. He's been through so much at such a young age, and he finally knows in his heart that you are there for ever and ever. What a sweet handsome little boy. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete